Wednesday, April 5, 2023

2023.04.05 - Connect The Dots

    I.      Connections

a.    We are a society of connections

                                              i.     Through my phone I can be connected to

1.    My car

2.    My neighbors

3.    China

4.    My refrigerator

   II.      Disconnected      

a.    The more time it seems we spend getting connected the more disconnected we seem to become

                                              i.     Our society is more connected than ever before yet we struggle more than ever before in the areas of 

1.    Gender confusion 

2.    Social media has taken the place of personal interaction

 III.      Connected To Community 

a.    I can be known and well thought of in my community and still be lost when it comes to things of God’s Kingdom and Christ

                                              i.     Mark 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? 18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. 19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother 20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. 21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. 22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions. KJV

b.    It IS possible to be connected to community, even secular community and still have a righteous holy relationship w/ God

                                              i.     Joseph – served Pharoah

                                             ii.     Daniel. 

c.    There is a great blessing to be a part of these things but there is not power to change me, to get me through, to draw me closer to Christ or even draw others closer to Christ unless I am connected to Christ myself.

 

 IV.      Connected To Church 

a.    1 Corinthians 13:3  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

                                              i.     The Apostle Paul was “connected to church” but in reality for a period of time did not know Christ, until he was confronted by The Lord on the road to Damascus

b.    Don’t get so involved in Church you miss the forest for the trees

c.    If I am ministering to people I can get worn out – I do what I do as unto Christ 

                                              i.     Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men KJV

   V.         Connected To Christ 

a.    Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. KJV

b.    Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; KJV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...