Sunday, July 20, 2025

2025.07.20 - Forgiveness - All Apologies

      I.         The Word From The Word 

a.     Matthew 6:9-15

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. KJV

    II.         You Owe Me

a.    “Forgive us our debts

                                              i.     Debts – that which is OWED

                              ii.   If we demand an apology then nothing more is OWED, we have not forgiven them, they have “paid” for their mistake

                                           iii.     For me to forgive only after an apology is not forgiveness, it is me demanding recompense, interest and compensation for the wrong to the degree that I feel I was wronged.

                                           iv.     For me to forgive only when asked is not Christlike

1.    HE made the first move

a.    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners , Christ died for us KJV

b.    Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world KJV

                              v.   If you have already REALLY forgiven someone then an apology cannot make it better

  III.         So So Very Much Grace

a.    I have been given far more grace and I could ever deserve

b.    I have been forgiven more times than I could count

c.    I have come again and again and again 

d.     . . .and again

                                              i.     And He always receives me as if it is the first time!

 IV.         Say What?

a.    2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. KJV

                                              i.     What “old things” are passed away?

1.    Just my stuff? My sin?  

2.    Am I the only one who is affected by me being in Christ? NO!

3.    I must understand that I am trying to charge you interest on something I never should have taken from you

b.    Let’s read the rest of it!!!

                                               i.     2 Corinthians 5:16-17

16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. KJV

1.    I must forget your past, your weaknesses, your background, your sins, all that JUST AS CHRIST FORGAVE ME.

2.    I now know you by your spirit!  I can only address what I see standing before me today, in this moment!

a.    Christians – that does NOT give you the right to be turkeys and think you will get away with it!

c.    Butterflies don’t have babies with caterpillars!  

                                              i.     They walk, eat, talk, move and live differently.  

                                             ii.     Are they any better? NO! But they are now different.

                                           iii.     DON’T EVER FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND HOW YOU GOT TO WHERE YOU ARE NOW, YOU HAVE BEEN CHANGED BY THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST.

   V.         My Sin Is Great 

a.    Psalms 25:11 For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great. KJV

b.    Psalms 25:18 Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins. KJV

 VI.         Reconciliation

a.    Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. KJV

                                              i.     Sometimes I cannot make it “right” but I may be able to make it better.

1.    The choice is not always up to you

2.    It may never be what it was but it could be better than what it is

VII.         Altar Call – Aren’t You Just Tired Of Being Mad?

a.     Ephesians 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.  KJV

b.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...