I. Permission To Leave
a. Ruth 1:8-15
8 And Naomi said unto her two daughters in law, Go, return each to her mother's house: the LORD deal kindly with you, as ye have dealt with the dead, and with me.
9 The LORD grant you that ye may find rest, each of you in the house of her husband. Then she kissed them; and they lifted up their voice, and wept.
10 And they said unto her, Surely we will return with thee unto thy people.
11 And Naomi said, Turn again, my daughters: why will ye go with me? are there yet any more sons in my womb, that they may be your husbands?
12 Turn again, my daughters, go your way; for I am too old to have an husband. If I should say, I have hope, if I should have an husband also to night, and should also bear sons;
13 Would ye tarry for them till they were grown? would ye stay for them from having husbands? nay, my daughters; for it grieveth me much for your sakes that the hand of the LORD is gone out against me.
14 And they lifted up their voice, and wept again: and Orpah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth clave unto her.
15 And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law. KJV
II. Old Time Religion
a. If I wanna walk like they had I have to:
i. walk like they walked!
ii. crawl like they crawled!
iii. pray like they prayed!
iv. run like they ran!
v. go where they went!
vi. hear what they heard!
vii. fight like they fought!
viii. STAY With Him
III. I Came Ready For A Fight
a. I aint looking for a nap, for rest, I aint lookin for a fight either but I aint gonna back down!
b. Naomi gave them good reasons not to go on:
i. No more sons in my womb
ii. You don’t know these people
iii. You don’t know where we are going
IV. A Choice Must Be Made
a. Thy sister is gone back unto HER PEOPLE
i. The familiar
ii. The old
iii. The known
iv. THE PAST
v. The easier way
b. God does not force us – He allows us to choose
V. Abraham
a. Looked for a city
b. Didn’t know where he was going, only knew where he had been and it wasn’t enough
c. Was simply given an invitation and a promise
i. Something he could not understand
ii. Something he had never seen
iii. A place he had never been
iv. A fight he had never fought
VI. Jacob
a. Genesis 32:24-28
24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. KJV
b. Was given permission to leave
VII. “Her Story”
a. She had trouble - she went into the valley - but she held on to The Lord and He by a night hand brought her out with a high hand
b. He was in the miry clay, all hope was lost except for Hope Himself! He was brought out! He was set upon a Rock!
No comments:
Post a Comment