2 Corinthians 1:1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God KJV
I’m too fat. I’m too skinny. I hate my voice. I don’t like my hair. I can’t do this. I will fail. I will never be the person I want to be. I wish I were more like . . .
Who needs enemies when we say these things about our ownselves?? We may not admit to it out loud, to others, but how often deep down do we feel inadequate, less than? And to reinforce those feelings along comes secular magazines and commercials further proving we fail to live up to the standards of our society and culture.
We allow culture to dictate so much of who and what we are that deep down we forget who and what we really are! When, not if, but when you get tired of everyone, including you, telling you who and what to be, and who and what you are, and are ready for the Truth, reach for a Bible.
Psalms 139:14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right wellKJV
You are amazing! God created you just the way you are. That doesn’t mean you don’t need to grow and change, and this is not a license to fail. More than that, it’s a license to break out of mold and boundaries you or others have set for you and change the standards by which you live to those God has set in His Word.
Paul starts out his letter to the Church at Corinth by releasing himself from the demands of culture, society and even himself. He sits down to write and first thing throws down his credentials, his papers, right there no the table for all to see.
I’m an apostle . . .not this fly by night kind we occasionally have in todays church circles, but the real thing. His credentials weren’t jotted down and printed on a business card and sent in the mail, they were written in the books of Heaven by none other than God Himself. God in eternity past chose Paul to be an Apostle and slid him right into the position not caring about societal hierarchies or political correctness, Gods will trumps all that. You get up from that head bent ashamed position and live out who God has called you to be and stop listening to those nagging voices that keep chanting you will never me more!
An apostle of Jesus Christ . . .You answer to a higher power! If they don’t like the way you look or talk or your calling, let emtake it up with The Boss. If they dare challenge your credentials, your calling, your vision, then they challenge the One who sent you. Make fun of you, and they make fun of Him.
By the will of God . . .You are what you are and will be what you are becoming because He chose YOU! Like it or not, He loves you, He believes in YOU! YES GOD BELIEVES IN YOU! So much so that He has a plan for your life and mine just like the plan He had for Paul, our route and may be different, but our destination is the same! Jeremiah 1:5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee KJV
01.21.16 - Northpointe PHC Anchorage, Alaska
No comments:
Post a Comment