Follow Me
I have a bit of a middle age spread going on, a belly. I actually look about 7 months pregnant. If I were to try to convince you that I was pregnant you would likely not believe me, you would say that it is impossible. I could counter that I LOOK pregnant, that my words SAY that I'm pregnant, and even go so far as to see a doctor and take prenatal vitamins but at the end of the conversation unless you saw me give birth you would not be convinced. Jesus said FOLLOW ME - and that literally meant He wanted those who followed to BE LIKE HIM. Not just walk along some paces behind Him but to be transformed into the likeness of Him in all we say and do. The world is in a time where they don't need to be told that we are pregnant - that we are Christians - but they need to BE SHOWN by the radical transformation continually taking place in our lives, impossible things happening all around us and the Christ in us that we are Christians!
Matthew 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me , and I will make you fishers of men. KJV
i. Follow –
1. NT:1205 deute (dyoo'-teh); from NT:1204 and an imperative form of eimi (to go); come hither!: KJV - come, follow.
a. NT:1204 deuro (dyoo'-ro); of uncertain affinity; here; used also imperative hither!; and of time, hitherto: KJV - come (hither), hither [-to].
i. COME WHERE I AM!
2. NT:3694 opiso (op-is'-o); from the same as NT:3693 with enclitic of direction; to the back, i.e. aback (as adverb or preposition of time or place; or as noun): KJV - after, back (-ward), (+get) behind, follow.
a. NT:3693 opisthen (op'-is-then); from opis (regard; from NT:3700) with enclitic of source; from the rear (as a secure aspect), i.e. at the back (adverb and preposition of place or time): KJV - after, backside, behind.
i. NT:3700 optanomai (op-tan'-om-ahee); a (middle voice) prolonged form of the primary (middle voice) optomai (op'-tom-ahee); which is used for it in certain tenses; and both as alternate of NT:3708; to gaze (i.e. with wide-open eyes, as at something remarkable; and thus differing from NT:991, which denotes simply voluntary observation; and from NT:1492, which expresses merely mechanical, passive or casual vision; while NT:2300, and still more emphatically its intensive NT:2334, signifies an earnest but more continued inspection; and NT:4648 a watching from a distance): KJV - appear, look, see, shewself.
1. ESSENTIALLY – SEE ME AND BECOME LIKE ME
b. Matthew 4:20 And they straightway left their nets , and followed him. KJV
i. Those who followed Him at this point forsook all, they literally walked away from an old life into a new life and quite literally began to follow Jesus around. They were WITH him, physically. There was time spent with Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment