Sunday, March 10, 2019

2019.03.10 - Transition

2019.03.10 - Transition 

Saturday, March 09, 2019

12:11 PM

 

1.     A Place Prepared

a.     John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. KJV

                              i.         John 13:36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards. 37 Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake. 38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.KJV

2.     God Is Preparing Us For What He Has Prepared For Us

a.     1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3 For ye are yet carnal : for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? KJV

b.     Exodus 23:28 And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee. 29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee. 30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land. KJV

                              i.         Increased - OT:6509 parah (paw-raw'); a primitive root; to bear fruit (literally or figuratively): KJV - bear, bring forth (fruit), (be, cause to be, make) fruitful, grow, increase.

                             ii.         Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. 31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? KJV

3.     Institutionalized Christians

a.     There are time when people who have been in prison for long periods of time have a very difficult time adjusting to life in the free world again - sometimes they are not able to adjust and do something illegal just in order to get put back into prison, the place they have learned how to live in, that is what they are "used" to and therefore that is what they are comfortable with .

b.     Many Christians have been fighting the good fight of faith so long that when they overcome and win they do not know how to deal with ruling in victory.

4.     More Than Conquerors

a.     Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. KJV

                              i.         Conquerors - NT:5245 hupernikao (hoop-er-nik-ah'-o); from NT:5228 and NT:3528; to vanquish beyond, i.e. gain a decisive victory: KJV - more than conquer. 

b.     Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

KJV

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...