2023.09.20 - The Watchman
Wednesday, September 20, 2023
9:21 AM
- 1. Ezekiel The Watchman
- a. Ezekiel - OT:3168 Yechezqe'l (yekh-ez-kale'); from OT:2388 and OT:410; God will strengthen; Jechezkel, the name of two Israelites:
KJV - Ezekiel, Jehezekel.
- a. OT:2388 - OT:2388 chazaq (khaw-zak'); a primitive root; to fasten upon; hence, to seize, be strong (figuratively, courageous, causatively strengthen, cure, help, repair, fortify), obstinate; to bind, restrain, conquer: KJV - aid, amend, calker, catch, cleave, confirm, be constant, constrain, continue, be of good (take) courage (-ous, -ly), encourage (self), be established, fasten, force, fortify, make hard, harden, help, (lay) hold (fast), lean, maintain, play the man, mend, become (wax) mighty, prevail, be recovered, repair, retain, seize, be (wax) sore, strengthen (self), be stout, be (make, shew, wax) strong (-er), be sure, take (hold), be urgent, behaveself valiantly, withstand.
- b. Ezekiel was
- i. Carried away to Babylon
- ii. One of around 3K carried away
- iii. Prophesied essentially that hope was found in repentance and in turning wholly to God
- 2. The Call
- a. Ezekiel 1:1 Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God. 2 In the fifth day of the month, which was the fifth year of king Jehoiachin's captivity, 3 The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him. KJV
- 3. The Job
- a. Ezekiel 3:17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. KJV
- b. Ezekiel 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me. KJV
- 4. A Watchman Is -
- a. By definition - OT:6822 tsaphah (tsaw-faw'); a primitive root; properly, to lean forward, i.e. to peer into the distance; by implication, to observe, await: KJV - behold, espy, look up (well), wait for, (keep the) watch (-man).
- 5. Attributes Of A Watchman
- a. He protects
- b. He warns
- i. What they do with the Truth you give them is up to them. Your job is to tell what you know, just the way that God gave it to you. How they receive what you tell them is not your concern.
- 1. Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: KJV
- 2. Ezekiel 3:17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. 18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.
KJV
- c. He equips
- d. He is aware
- e. He is vigilant
- f. He knows his worth and the worth of his warning
- i. Ezekiel 1:1 Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God. 2 In the fifth day of the month, which was the fifth year of king Jehoiachin's captivity, 3 The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him. KJV
- 1. One man among the captives - called out
- 2. At this time the Word of The Lord came expressly to him
- g. He sees what others wont - He hears what others wont
- i. Ezekiel 3:22 And the hand of the LORD was there upon me; and he said unto me, Arise, go forth into the plain, and I will there talk with thee. 23 Then I arose, and went forth into the plain: and, behold, the glory of the LORD stood there, as the glory which I saw by the river of Chebar: and I fell on my face.
24 Then the spirit entered into me, and set me upon my feet, and spake with me, and said unto me, Go, shut thyself within thine house. KJV
No comments:
Post a Comment