2021.04.11 - Toy Story - Woody
Numbers 6:24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: 25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. 27 And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. KJV
Saturday, April 10, 2021
8:23 PM
1. Something I Wrote A Few Years Back
a. We live in the craziest time! I have gown up in a time where I can still hear those who were "old" in my eyes declaring with sadness in their voice how "they remember when" and I find myself living those very words out in my own life as well. In recent news it seems that as a culture, a nation and even many inside The Church many have struggled with bathrooms, sexuality, and even the simplest Bible passages regarding what is right and what is wrong. We call sin choice and laud a man who had surgery to become a woman as a hero of our time. Somewhere in the midst of all the chaos, exactly according to plan I presume (the devils plan) we have been stretched to live the life and conform in our appearance to what we think others want to see and expect of us instead of who we really are to the point we have become the most skilled actors in the history of the world. And along the way, we have forgotten who we really are. We DO stuff. We BUY stuff. We SAY stuff and all the while are doggedly determined to have others believe something about us that is totally made up and fictitious at best. When pinned down as to who we are we spout a list of accolades and attributes hoping to satisfy the question both to the one who asks but moreso to ourselves. I am . . . .and the truth is we fill in the blank with a lie because we have played the game for so long we have simply forgotten what the real answer is, or worse, have never been fortunate enough to know. We must get to the place where we find out worth in the indisputable FACT that I AM HIS!
2. Woody
a. A toy
b. A childs play thing
c. A plastic and rag doll
3. His Worth Was Found
a. Not in
i. What others thought
ii. What he thought
iii. What he did
iv. What he didn’t or couldn’t do
b. But Rather
i. In what Andy thought of him
4. Choose Who You Are
a. Possible back story of Woody
i. The ONLY Woody doll ever made
ii. Stinky Pete - you don’t know who you are!
b. Choice To Be Made
i. For a a time Woody bought into the thought that his word came from WHO he was instead of WHOSE he was
1. Be careful that we do not do the same
c. LOST TOY!
i. Jesus came to seek and to save those that are lost!
ii. He leaves the 99 to come find the 1!
No comments:
Post a Comment