Wednesday, September 14, 2022

2022.09.14 - Where Do You Live?

2022.09.14 - Where Do You Live?

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

2:03 PM


PFD in Alaska story - you must live in state for at least six months of the year.

 

Philippians 3:8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

 

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

 

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

 

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

 

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

 

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

 

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. KJV

 

1.    Identity

a.    We can find out identity in many things

                               i.         Our name or family name

                             ii.         Our job

                           iii.         How much money we make 

                            iv.         Even what we do

b.    Paul was a noted religious person of the day

c.    He went on to become a Christian and ceased looking at the accomplishments he thought at one time were worthwhile and later found his identity in Christ alone

                               i.         Verse 9 - and be found in Him . . .

2.    Identify Where You Are Standing

a.    Many times our "identity" or "self worth" comes from where we find ourselves standing

                               i.         If you are successful you may feel good and identify as a successful person 

3.    First Things First 

a.    My first priority is not always my priority

                               i.         Once it find things all set in order  I may tend to lose my focus on what I need to be focused on, I learn to be lax in doing, in serving, in striving.

4.    Forgetting 

a.    Means to literally lose out of mind, to neglect

b.    Taken from two words

                               i.         1909 - against, beside

                             ii.         2990 - be hid, be ignorant of, unaware of 

c.    Less ignorance is bliss and I am always smiling and more The Truth shall set me free

No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...