2022.09.07 - Decisions
Wednesday, September 07, 2022
12:09 PM
1. Rolling Downhill
a. Picture the Cross on Calvary
i. Rolling a stone (or me) up hill would be difficult, the longer I go and the closer I get the more likely the slower my progress and the more intentional each step, each movement, each decision.
ii. Rolling a stone (or me) downhill would be much easier, as a matter of fact if I am not braced the stone may even roll downhill with no help from me at all, and once it is loosed from it's purchase will likely just keep rolling building momentum all the way.
2. George Jones - Choices
a. I've had choices since the day that I was born
There were voices that told me right from wrong
If I had listened, no I wouldn't be here today
Living and dying with the choices I've made
I was tempted, by an early age I found
I liked drinkin', oh, and I never turned it down
There were loved ones but I turned them all away
Now I'm living and dying with the choices I've made
I've had choices since the day that I was born
There were voices that told me right from wrong
If I had listened, no I wouldn't be here today
Living and dying with the choices I've made
I guess I'm payin' for the things that I have done
If I could go back, oh, Lord knows I'd run
But I'm still losin' this game of life I play
Losing and dying with the choices I've made
I've had choices since the day that I was born
There were voices that told me right from wrong
If I had listened, no I wouldn't be here today
Living and dying with the choices I've made
Living and dying with the choices I've made
3. David
a. 2 Samuel 11:1 And it came to pass, after the year was expired, at the time when kings go forth to battle, that David sent Joab, and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the children of Ammon, and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried still at Jerusalem. KJV
i. David sent Joab
1. Joab later became a conspirator in David's demise.
ii. David tarried still at Jerusalem
b. 2 Samuel 11:2 And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. KJV
i. Decision time - when he saw her there was a choice to be made
c. 2 Samuel 11:3 And David sent and inquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bath-sheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? KJV
d. 2 Samuel 11:4 And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house KJV
No comments:
Post a Comment