1. Song - It's Christmas
2. Promo Video - January Sermon Series
3. Song - Behold
4. Song - O Come All Ye Faithful
5. Song - Do You Hear What I Hear - Kids/Video
6. Sermon
7. Mary & Joseph come to stage/manger
8. Altar Call
A. Kids involved
Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. KJV
- Abraham was 75 when God made him the promise of being Father to great nations.
Genesis 15:3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.
4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness. KJV
***********************************
7 And he said unto him, I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.
8 And he said, Lord GOD, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it? KJV
- Abraham had begun to doubt and God spoke again to him and confirmed the promise
Genesis 17:15 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.
16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear? KJV
- He fell on his face and laughed, saying can a 100 year old man have a son
Abraham believed God in regards to the birth of a son and God accounted it to him for righteousness, we believe God in regards to the birth of HIS SON and God accounts to us for righteousness.
This does not mean
- We have it all figured out
- We always are going to know the next step
- We understand or even like what God is doing.
What it DOES mean is that we believe in Him, we believe Him
We believe what He says, in what He does and who He calls us to be
Like a child we come to Him, not knowing the answers to all the why's and how's but trusting Him anyways. A child loves his parents long before he is even able to form the words to ask the qeustions, why? Because the parent first loved the child, 1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us. KJV
No comments:
Post a Comment