Wednesday, February 8, 2023

2023.02.08 - Before I Do After I Did - Love Languages - Affirmation

Love Languages       

Men and women speak different languages

 

“I don’t care” usually has a meaning other than “I don’t care”, I just need to figure out what that meaning really is. 

 

Perspective VS Reality 

What are several things that are important to your spouse.  Do you think they would write the same things?

 

 

Words Of Affirmation

One of the five love languages 

 

 

 

Build Up Or Tear Down 

I can lift her up in private but what a powerful things when it gets back to her things I have said about her to others that build her up

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. KJV

 

 

Build Up Or Tear Down 

My words have the power to build up, encourage, fortify or destroy the one who I am speaking to or about

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. KJV

 

 

The Hag

What I heard a man call his wife in conversation one time and how that affected me, and still affects my opinion of him rather than her all these years later

 

 

Firemen VS Judges 

Where there is a fire I

·       Am not at first trying to figure out what caused it and who I can blame but am more concerned about putting it out

·       My job at this moment is to protect my spouse and my family from getting burned

 

After The Fire 

After a fire happens I 

·       Should spend some time with my spouse trying to safeguard it from happening again

·       Determine ways to protect my family and those around me from getting burned

 

Where There Is Smoke

Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

KJV

 

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

KJV

A smoldering ember can still burn down a house, or a marriage, or a family 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...