Wednesday, March 27, 2024

2024.03.27 - History Makers

2024.03.27 - History Makers

Monday, March 25, 2024

9:06 AM

Ezekiel 22:30-31

30 And I sought(ask, beg, to search out, to strive after) for a man among them, that should make up(close up, repair,) the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

31 Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord GOD. KJV

  • o God not only welcomed participation in the outcome of the city, He went looking for participation!
  • o It is an EXPECTATION that we cry out to God in intercession!

 

Someone who can stand in the gap - define what that looks like when a person prays a hedge around another 

 

In a sense we can “rewrite” history - when our sins are forgiven, or intercession is made is changes the course of the future that was set forth in the past 

  • o Colossians 2:13-14

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; KJV

  • o Isaiah 43:25

25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.KJV

 

Abraham

  • Genesis 18:17-19

17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;

18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. KJV

  • It is interesting to note that God was near when judgment was about to be delivered, He came so very near . . . 
  • This place was called later "The Oak of Rest" or the "Tree of Abraham"  - picture of The Cross 

Aaron - 

  • Numbers 16:46-48

46 And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a censer, and put fire therein from off the altar, and put on incense, and go quickly unto the congregation, and make an atonement for them: for there is wrath gone out from the LORD; the plague is begun.

47 And Aaron took as Moses commanded, and ran into the midst of the congregation; and, behold, the plague was begun among the people: and he put on incense, and made an atonement for the people.

48 And he stood between the dead and the living; and the plague was stayed. KJV

 

Moses - 

  • Psalms 106:23-24

23 Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach, to turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them.

24 Yea, they despised the pleasant land, they believed not his word: KJV

 

When do we NOT intercede:

  • When God tells us not to
    • Jeremiah 11:14

14 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for I will not hear them in  the time that they cry unto me for their trouble. KJV

 

Paul, Esther, Jesus praying or Peter, 

They are lost - they cannot find their way home, the l light has gone out - will you take them home, will you lead them home?

 

What would you pay that one might be saved?


No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...