Wednesday, January 8, 2025

2025.01.08 - Convictions

Morality VS Holiness

·      Moral absolutes

·      Moral relativism

 

It is interesting that some (not all or even most) of those who lived with the deepest convictions came from a time when much of what we hold as The Bible was not even yet written.

 

I can believe in divine healing and when I pray if someone is not healed them I may choose to change what I believe, or add to my definition.  If however I am convicted that divine healing is real I will continue to pray for healing no matter what the circumstance or even the outcome unless otherwise told to not do so by God.

 

·      I don’t shape my convictions I choose them, but they will certainly shape me. 

·      Crisis will test your convictions

·      I can have extremely strong convictions in certain areas and be spiritually poor in other areas.

o   Samson

o   Peter

o   David

 

Moses 

Numbers 10:35

 35 And it came to pass, when the ark set forward, that Moses said, Rise up, LORD, and let thine enemies be scattered; and let them that hate thee flee before thee.KJV

·      Different from when he asked the Lord who was he that God should send him

 

Paul 

Romans 8:38-39

38 For I am persuaded , that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our LordKJVRather 

·       . . .persuaded . . .KJV - agree, assure, believe, have confidence, be (wax) confident, make friend, obey, persuade, trust, yield.

 

Esther

·      While she started out slow- she quickly became a woman of great conviction

·      Once  you realize who you are and the authority you have your convictions grow deeper.

 

Daniel & Joseph

·      Both kept their convictions in a secular, even pagan, workplace.

·      Both were faithful to God as they would have been faithful to a wife

o   If we are married to God, would we be counted faithful?

·      When we are married we make very few (if we are wise) decisions on our own

 

Culture And Holiness

·      When Culture and Holiness collide, and they will, holiness must prevail.  Convictions will hold you in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...