Wednesday, June 15, 2016

06.15.16 - Who Laughs At Judgement

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold . KJV

06.15.16 - Who Laughs At Judgment
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
8:26 PM

1.     False prophets . . .
a.     NT:5578 pseudoprophetes (psyoo-dop-rof-ay'-tace); from NT:5571 and NT:4396; a spurious prophet, i.e. pretended foreteller or religious impostor: KJV - false prophet.
                              i.         Spurious -
1.     (of a line of reasoning) apparently but not actually valid.
2.     (of offspring) illegitimate.
                             ii.         NT:5571 pseudes (psyoo-dace'); from NT:5574; untrue, i.e. erroneous, deceitful, wicked: KJV - false, liar.
                           iii.         NT:4396 prophetes (prof-ay'-tace); from a compound of NT:4253 and NT:5346; a foreteller ("prophet"); by analogy, an inspired speaker; by extension, a poet: KJV - prophet.
2.     Shall decieve . . .
a.     NT:4105 planao (plan-ah'-o); from NT:4106; to (properly, cause to) roam (from safety, truth, or virtue): KJV - go astray, deceive, err, seduce, wander, be out of the way.
3.     Iniquity . . .
a.     NT:458 anomia (an-om-ee'-ah); from NT:459; illegality, i.e. violation of law or (genitive case) wickedness: KJV - iniquity, transgress (-ion of) the law, unrighteousness.
4.     Shall wax . . .
a.     NT:5594 psucho (psoo'-kho); a primary verb; to breathe (voluntarily but gently, thus differing on the one hand from NT:4154, which denotes properly a forcible respiration; and on the other from the base of NT:109, which refers properly to an inanimate breeze), i.e. (by implication of reduction of temperature by evaporation) to chill (figuratively): KJV - wax cold.
                              i.         NT:4154 pneo (pneh'-o); a primary word; to breathe hard, i.e. breeze: KJV - blow. Compare NT:5594.

I was just listening to a sermon from a well known preacher, you would know his name if I called it out, and as he was preaching to a packed house in a large city, I heard clapping and amen-ing at certain points in the message.  What bothered me were the points at which the clapping and amens were given.  The preacher was preaching about judgment coming to America, coming to those who sin sexually and those who have fallen from The Lord.  Amens?  Clapping? I guess I don’t get all warm and fuzzy inside when I think of judgment coming. To anyone.  I want righteousness in our time and in our cities, for revival to break forth and souls to be saved.  I wan t conviction from the Holy Ghost and deep sincere Godly repentance.  But not judgment.  Not for a nation, for a people and not even for me! It seems that the more sin in the world we see the more we want to be free of its stench and our desire to eradicate it comes to judgment.  That is not what Christ taught.  Christ, when confronted with the woman taken in adultery gave her GRACE. She should have been stoned with stones until dead. She was given grace by the only One worthy of judging.  The Bible says that Christ came to seek and save that which was lost - so the more the world acts like the world then the more I should do all I can (though I fail often) to act like Christ  - Romans 5:20 But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound KJV.

I believe that when judgment does come, and it surely will, that it will start with the Church. God help us.  Help us to lead others to You instead of the gallows.  To show forth You instead of condemning.  While I believe this man to be a man of God - I believe him to be false in his representation of the Spirit of God when it comes to judgement. 


A person can be true in their message but false in their delivery.  When we encourage others to respond in an way that is not as Christ would respond - we no longer truly represent Him.  Does Christ judge?  Yes, He does.  Should His judgment bring Amens and clapping, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...