You'll Grow Into It
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
3:59 PM
1. Growing Into It
a. Do you remember as a kid your parents, most likely your mom, would buy you something that was so huge your dad could wear it and then say "you'll grow into it"?
i. You likley looked at that item and thought there is NO WAY I will ever be able to grow into that, its huge, its made for an adult and look how small I am.
ii. It is likely that if your mom was patient and kept watch and actually kept the thing you DID at some point grow into it, and then mysteriously OUTGREW it so that where once it was too big for some reason it became to small!
b. The truth of the matter is that healthy things for the most part grow - and not only do healthy things grow but they reproduce.
i. Actually even things that are NOT healthy can reproduce and the general rule of thumb is that
1. Healthy things reproduce healthy things and
2. Unhealthy things reproduce unhealthy things
3. You will generally reproduce who and what you are in like fashion
2. Abraham and Sarah
a. I was in my Bible a few days ago and came across the Scriptures where God was speaking to the couple about their future, children and the plans He has for them.
i. It is likely that in their wildest dreams they could not have imagined all that God has in store for them, and actually when God told them that they would have a son Sarah actually laughed
1. Genesis 18:10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him. 11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. 12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? 13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? 14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. 15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh. KJV
b. Abram/Abraham
i. You would think that at 90 he would have done all the growing he was supposed to do, but that was not the case
1. Abram - father of height, to bring up, to exalt, to set up
2. Abraham - father of a multitude.
c. But in reality God has spoken to Abram 15 YEARS before Genesis 18 all the way back in Genesis 12.
d. Where they were at:
i. Abraham
1. Told to leave his family but not necessarily to take or leave Lot but he took Lot
2. Abraham was WILLING to go where God told him to go without a lot of direction!
3. Fearful - Genesis 12:12 - told his wife to lie about who she was and be somewhat deceptive so that the Egyptians would not kill him because of her beauty
Decided with
No comments:
Post a Comment