Monday, July 12, 2021

2021.07.12 - Facebook Post

2021.07.12 - Facebook Post

Monday, July 12, 2021

1:46 PM

 

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.KJV

 

Everything out of whack in our lives is a product of some variant between the way God told us to live and the way we are living.  

 

Does God care about our electric bill and  overdue mortgage? Yes, but He cares more about the condition of our soul.

 

Does God care about our failing marriage and our broken heart? Yes, but He cares more about the condition of our soul.

 

Does God care about our aging body and the disease that eats at our health and mind? Yes, but He cares more about the condition of our soul.

 

All of these things are of utmost importance to God - because they are important to us.  God cares about what you care about.  God hurts over what hurts you.  Jesus even said that He will take our burdens.  

 

Jesus did and still does heal marriages, broken hearts and homes and minds and bodies but His first priority is "to seek and save that which is lost 

 

There are no shortcuts, work arounds.  No easy fixes.  No magic pills.  The answer always has and always will come in the shape of a Cross.  Healing starts - and ends - with Christ.  

 

We cannot continue to treat the symptom while allowing the cause to go unchecked.  If I am in a relationship that is broken or breaking I must first attend to the one relationship that matters most.  My marriage likely will not survive while my soul is dying inside from sin, pride or any other thing that keeps me from Christ.  If I cannot swim it is unlikely that I can save you from drowning.

 

Come to Him.  I know it doesn’t seem like eternity should be the priority when you are hurting so bad RIGHT NOW, but you must start at the beginning.  Walls cannot be made straight until the foundation made sure.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...