Saturday, August 31, 2024

2024.09.01 - Days Of The Judges

2024.09.01 - Days Of The Judges

Saturday, August 31, 2024

6:49 PM

 

  1. 1. Disobedient
    1. a. Judges 6:7 And it came to pass, when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD because of the Midianites, 8 That the LORD sent a prophet unto the children of Israel, which said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I brought you up from Egypt, and brought you forth out of the house of bondage; 9 And I delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of all that oppressed you, and drave them out from before you, and gave you their land;

10 And I said unto you, I am the LORD your God; fear not the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but ye have not obeyed my voice. KJV

    1. 2. God Hears The Cries of Israel 
    1. a. Judges 6:11 And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abi-ezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites. 12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. 13 And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying, Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites. 14 And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee? 15 And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house. KJV
    1. 3. Gideon Was . . . You And Me
    1. a. Judges 6:15 And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house. KJV
      1. i. He had the favor of God on his life
        1. 1. Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? KJV
      1. ii. He heard the leading of God and verified with God what he heard
      1. iii. He built altars and worshiped God
      1. iv. He was conscious of holiness and cast down altars of Baal
      1. v. He was a man on whom came "The Spirit of The Lord"
      1. 4. Samson Was . . .You And Me
    1. a. Samson also was moved upon by the Spirit Of The Lord
    1. b. Samson was a man who knew God and walked in skin
    1. c. Samson called upon The Lord and was heard
      1. i. Judges 16:28 And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes. KJV
      1. 5. Isaiah 1 - The Vision Of Judges Restored
    1. a. Synopsis of Isaiah 1
      1. i. God raised up children who rebelled against Him 
      1. ii. God saw an entire country that was sick and lost to from holiness
      1. iii. God saw also a remnant
      1. iv. God saw a Redeemer for the remnant - He Himself prophesied repentance and of wrong things being set right 
      1. 6. Restoration Of Judges 
    1. a. Isaiah 1:26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city. KJV
      1. i. Judges - to vindicate or punish; to rule
      1. ii. God does not set a time frame for this prophesy - it could be then, it could be now, it could be in the future.  IT COULD BE NOW.
      1. 7. Acts Of The Judges
    1. a. God chose the Judges as He willed . . . 
    1. b. They were to lead in restoration 
      1. i. Othniel - Joshua 15:16 Kirjath-sepher - City of Books - handwriting of ordinances 
      1. ii. Deborah - delivered from opression from the Canaanites
      1. iii. Gideon - who tore down the altars of Baal 
      1. iv. Samson slew Philistines
    1. c. God used the Judges to deliver His people from 
      1. i. Bondage
      1. ii. Oppression 
      1. iii. Sin
      1. iv. Ignorance - lack of kowledge
    1. d. All this sounds a lot like 
      1. i. Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. KJV
      1. 8. Do Not Forget Who You Are And Who He Is
    1. a. Acts 26:8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead? KJV
    1. b. Remember Pauls calling
      1. i. Acts 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; KJV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...