Wednesday, October 9, 2024

2024.10.09 - Dump The Stuff

Heavy Loads

Luke 10:38-42

38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.

39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.

40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. KJV

·      Martha had a lot going on 

o   Around her

o   Inside her

o   In front of her

·      Choose your focal point – where you look is where  you will go

 

Strong Yokes Make Light Burdens

Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy , and my burden is light. KJV

o   Rest – be exempt, remain, refresh

o   His mercies are new daily – am I refreshed daily 

 

Wise Words From An Old Man 

I recently watched a video of a man who had been in ministry for 70 years. When asked what he would tell his younger self – he replied that while he had several degrees he did not recommend seminary. He said that if he could speak to  younger ministers it would be a very advise to give:

o   Know your Bible 

o   Spend time in prayer 

 

Hurricanes

o   If forced to evacuate – I take only what is most important – what is needed

o   What do I hold on to that I do not need?

 

Treasure

Matthew 6:19-21

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also . KJV

 

Not My Problem

o   Unless directed by The Lord then I will choose to not make it my problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...