Isaiah 40:31
31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. KJV
Differences
There is a difference in not moving and waiting
· . . .but they that wait upon . . . OT:6960 qavah (kaw-vaw'); a primitive root; to bind together(perhaps by twisting), i.e. collect; (figuratively) to expect:
KJV - gather (together), look, patiently, tarry, wait (for, on, upon).
Psalms 46:10-11
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. KJV
Acts 2:1-4
2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. KJV
Luke 24:49-50
49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. KJV
· They were not 100% sure what it was exactly they were waiting on
· They were waiting on something they could not delay nor hurry
· They were waiting on something they could not produce on their own
· They were waiting in expectation and not fear
*they were seeking something more than what they already had - they wanted more and were willing to do whatever it took to get more
*when you are waiting you look at things and consider things that perhaps normally would not cross your mind
I am not sure exactly what God is about to do – but I know if He is doing something I want to be a part of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment