Thursday, March 20, 2025

2025.03.19 - Genesis - 03 - Genesis 1:1

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth. KJV

     I.         In the beginning – 

a.     If you were going to tell me a story you might for clarity sake say “I will start from the beginning, ”  that would not mean you are starting from the beginning of your life, but the beginning of facts as they relate to the story you are telling me.

b.    Genesis is a story of many beginnings, and how your interpret and deal with what you read in Genesis sets a course for how you interpret and deal with what follows in Scripture. 

                                               i.     Your culture, background and already formed views can influence how you will interpret what you read, open your heart to hear from The Holy Spirit and be open to learn and be challenged or your rooms will stay small and your foundation weak. Again, what  you read here will set a course for the rest of The Book.

c.     As you go along you will find “dots” and learn to connect them throughout Scripture. For example in Genesis 1:1 God (singular) is translated from Elohiym (plural) how you deal with this word creates a pattern on how you deal with the Doctrine of The Trinity.  Once you begin to put a “dot” down, you will connect them all throughout Scripture and the “dots” will become patterns, pictures and thoughts:

                                               i.     3 - God The Father, God The Son, God The Holy Ghost 

                                             ii.     3 – Thieves on the Cross

                                           iii.     3 Calls of Samuel 

                                           iv.     3 Days in The Tomb

                                             v.     3 Abraham, Isaac, Jacob

                                           vi.     Noah had three sons

                                          vii.     So 3 goes on and on, each dot connecting the others

 

   II.         God - 

                                               i.     is outside of time

                                             ii.     He has no beginning and no end

                                           iii.     He IS the Beginning & The End

1.    Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty KJV

                                           iv.     Again, plural, denoting The Trinity

                                             v.     God does not explain Himself, He IS and expects us to believe that He IS by faith

1.    Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. KJV

 III.         Created – 

a.     The Big Bang Theory teaches that there was nothing and that it exploded. 

b.    God created FROM nothing all that IS. 

                                               i.     Get  your own dirt joke 

 IV.         The Heaven – 

a.     Interesting that Heaven is capitalized and earth is not

b.    Heaven is another 3

                                               i.     The Heaven where the birds fly, out atmosphere

                                             ii.     The Heaven where the stars and planets are

                                           iii.     The Heaven where God’s throne is

1.    2 Corinthians 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. KJV

2.    1 Kings 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded? KJV

3.    Isaiah 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. KJV

a.     DOT – eternity – this is not a place with much time but a place set OUTSIDE of time.  God does not live in time and space and therefore is not confined by it but rather lives outside both.

   V.         What Else Is Going On In Genesis 1:1?

a.     Angels were created in Genesis 1:1

                                               i.     Job 38:1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without  knowledge? 3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. 4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? KJV

1.    Septuagint - 4 Where wast thou when I founded the earth? tell me now, if thou hast knowledge, 5 who set the measures of it, if thou knowest? or who stretched a line upon it? 6 On what are its rings fastened? and who is he that laid the corner-stone upon it? 7 When the stars were made, all my angels praised me with a loud voice. 8 And I shut up the sea with gates, when it rushed out, coming forth out its mother’s womb. 9 And I made a cloud its clothing, and swathed it in mist. 10 And I set bounds to it, surrounding it with bars and gates. 11 And I said to it, Hitherto shalt thou come, but thou shalt not go beyond, but thy waves shall be confined within thee. 

a.     The angels were present and shouted for joy as the stars sang!  

                                                                                                     i.     Stars – shining, prince, 

b.    DOT – morning star

                                                                                                     i.     Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. KJV

                                                                                                   ii.     Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter. KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...