I. God Who Calls
a. Galatians 1:1-12
1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. KJV
i. He Who calls you will sustain you
II. Affirmation & Acceptance
a. We are not called to fit in, we are called to stand out
b. We all want to be affirmed, to be validated, to know that our lives have counted for something – but that is what we WANT – what we NEED is to be CALLED by Him Who has the power to send and equip us
i. Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. KJV
c. Those who affirm and validate you affirm and validate who you are in THEIR lives ONLY, this does not mean that is who you are.
d. When Christ asked Peter Who Peter thought He was Peter's affirmation that Jesus Christ was for PETER, not JESUS.
i. Just because Jesus is not John Doe's Lord doesn’t mean He isn’t mine, my validation of you only confirms who you are in my life, not everyone else’s.
ii. You may be the bag of chips to one and chopped liver to another, but what really matters is who and what God says you are!!11
iii. Did it change Who Jesus was when men denied that He was The Christ – only to them!
e. Make no mistake – many may watch my life but it is lived to please an audience of One!
III. Your Circles - Altar Call
a. There are Tribes, there are Nations and there are gangs – choose one
b. Ezekiel 2:5 And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them. KJV
c. You may not like what I have to say but you will know that I have been here!
i. Who will run with you?
1. Will they tear off the roof?
2. Will they run for a glass of water?
3. Will they fight for you to save your life?
a. Who is your ride or die?
b. Who has your six?
c. Who is your David?
d. Who are your mighty men?
No comments:
Post a Comment