2024.02.18 - Snake Handlers
Wednesday, February 14, 2024
10:13 PM
I heard someone say something the other day that shook me to my core - I couldn’t get it out of my head and I have to tell it to you this morning!
- o "It isn't the bite of the snake that kills you - it is what is left behind . . . "
Acts 28:1-6
28:1 And when they were escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita. 2 And the barbarous people shewed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold. 3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand. 4 And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live. 5 And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.
6 Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god. KJV
- o There are those that would watch for you to fall and fail . . . But God!
Luke 10:19-20
19 Behold, I give unto you power(privilege, force, capacity, superhuman, authority, jurisdiction) to tread(trample) on serpents(snake, literally Satan, and scorpions(concealed, sting, mark) , and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. KJV
GOD WILL MAKE THIS TRIAL A BLESSING
I’ve just come into a valley one like I’ve never been before
I keep searching for a way out seems like padlocks are on the doors
Oh there must be another sunrise another sunset that I’ll see
God will make this trial a blessing that’s the love He has for me
CHORUS
God will make this trial a blessing though it sends me to my knees
Though my tears flow like a river yet in Him there’s sweet relief
There’s no need to get discouraged there’s no need to talk defeat
God will make this trial a blessing and the whole wide world will see
VERSE 2
I was not the first one to come into this place
You see every child of God this test he must face
It is here that God will mold you and make you what you ought to be
God will make this trial a blessing just be patient you will see
VERSE 3
Now I’m standing on the mountain looking back and I can see
When I was in that lowest valley His strong hand was leading me
Oh it’s good to see the sunshine and to taste sweet victory
God has made this trial a blessing oh the grace He gives to me
- o Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold . KJV
- o People are looking for someone to follow, someone to help, someone to be a blessing and walk with them through the fire, will you be that person?
No comments:
Post a Comment