Wednesday, February 21, 2024

2024.02.21 - A Great Work

2024.02.21 - A Great Work 

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

9:17 AM

Nehemiah 6:3 And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to  you? KJV

  • o What I am doing may not make sense or matter to you - it may not even make sense to me - but it does matter to God.
  • o Others may see your assignment as insignificant - or they may be jealous, that is on them

What do  you consider the last great work you accomplished for The Lord?

  • All that we do for The Lord is a "great work" whether it seems great or small to us or others, if it was important enough for Him to commission us to the task - it is an important task.
    • Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and no unto men; KJV
    • o Jesus didn’t spend much of His time explain Himself to those who were against Him, only those who were following Him and looking for more.
    • Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. KJV
      • Be careful - fight YOUR fight and those which God sends you to;
        • David fought and won over Goliath, but later almost died in a fight God had not commissioned him to.
        • Paul said . . . 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course , I have kept the faith: KJV

 

What is He calling us to? What is our great work?  What is our job description?

 

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. KJV

      • o What happens if we don’t do our job, complete our assignment?
    • Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! KJV
      • Who will let the slaves know they have been freed?
      • Who will tell those who have been freed what they have access to?
        • Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. KJV

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

2026.06.10 - Notes On Fasting

  1.       Revelation a.       I Wonder Why They Hate Me So Much                                 i.           Esther 3:6  And he thought sco...