Is There Not A Cause
1 Samuel 17:29 And David said, What have I now done? Is there not a cause ?
Thursday, April 25, 2024
10:15 AM
1 Samuel 17:8-11
8 And he stood and cried unto the armies of Israel, and said unto them, Why are ye come out to set your battle in array? am not I a Philistine, and ye servants to Saul? choose you a man for you, and let him come down to me.
9 If he be able to fight with me, and to kill me, then will we be your servants: but if I prevail against him, and kill him, then shall ye be our servants, and serve us.
10 And the Philistine said, I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together.
1 When Saul and all Israel heard those words of the Philistine, they were dismayed, and greatly afraid. KJV
1 Samuel 17:28-29
28 And Eliab his eldest brother heard when he spake unto the men; and Eliab's anger was kindled against David, and he said, Why camest thou down hither? and with whom hast thou left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know thy pride, and the naughtiness of thine heart; for thou art come down that thou mightest see the battle.
29 And David said, What have I now done? Is there not a cause? KJV
- • It is not just about starting out strong – people rarely finish the same way they start
- o David started out the same - he went from person to person hearing what was happening, surveying the mess, weighing the options . . . But then
- • Wanting change will not make (Everbody on the field that day wanted change, on both sides of the fence,) change happen. We have to do something on purpose to warrant a cause and effect relationship. Is there not a cause
- [ ] The only time breakthrough will come is when something breaks, something has got to give. I have to break bad habits, bad thinking, bad doing, and when I break free FROM something I break free INTO something else, make the break count.
- • Both his brothers and the king was against David - but God was not
1 Samuel 17:29And David said, What have I now done? Is there not a cause? KJV
Be careful who you allow to influence your life and your family and your decisions. He who has your ear has access to your soul
Mighty enemies create mighty faith which produces mighty warriors
When it comes to lifes dance It’s not about knowing the steps, it’s about Who is leading . . . .The more spirit led I become the less I need to know the answers . . .
AHAB
Ahab was looking for water in a drought that he had caused. He was with the man of God. Obadiah was scared of Ahab - of what he might do.
- • What he was looking for was right under his nose . . .
- • Ahab wanted to be near the power, near the man of God, near God, but not be changed by any of it
No comments:
Post a Comment