Cannot talk about Maps without mentioning the Roman Road
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; KJV
- Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. KJV
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. KJV
- Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. KJV
- Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. KJV
ABC’s of Salvation just like bricks on a road
How Do I -
- Get saved?
- Admit
- Believe
- Confess
- Stay saved?
- Not just one big gesture
- It is about doing the right things over and over and over again
- If I do enough of the right things I will have less time to do th wrong things – instead of tyring to stop sinning maybe try doing what I know is right to do
- Not just a one time trip to the altar – but that is a good place to start
- Seeds planted take time to grow – stop digging them up and looking for roots, trust that God is doing something in and through you and in time you will see a change because you will be changed
- Water the seed
- Fertilize the seed
- Not just one prayer but a lifetime of conversation
- Make it about God/worship
- Praying once may things, praying daily will change my life and ultimately the world
- Getting saved and staying saved is not about feeling saved
- When you don’t know what to do then do what you know to do!
- What was the last thing you heard
- What was the last thing He told you
- Reach out and ask for advice
Salvation is not all about the high points
- God needs people in the trenches as well as the Church
- It takes 2 mountains to make a valley
What Paul Said
1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. KJV
- While this has been translated various ways, I think Paul is saying that it may look easy but he still lives in skin and dies daily to the things of this world.
What He Looks Like
2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
KJV
- In every situation I should be able to say - this is what Christ looks like
- Failure is not final - remember the greatest victory in the history of humanity started with one breath three days after a "final" breath!
The World Didn’t Give It And The World Cannot Take It Away!
Romans 8:36-39
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord KJV
- The world cannot take my crown. The world cannot take what it did not provide!
No comments:
Post a Comment