1. Series Opener
a. The Comeback
i. The Comeback : Comeback: a return to a former position or condition (as of success or prosperity)
b. Easter Message - I Didn’t See That Coming!
2. Great Comebacks!
a. Karate Kid
b. Rocky - Adrian!
3. I Didn’t See That Coming!
a. Disciples - Crucifixion of Jesus
b. Job - was hit because he HADN'T sinned
c. David - Anointed man of God
d. Peter - did not see himself falling so far
e. Jesus - some of His last words on the Cross . . .
f. Me & You may as well just join the crowd
4. What Just Happened!?
a. Proverbs 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief. KJV
b. Being a Christian doesn’t prevent you from falling – it just makes it easier to get up again
c. You count the times you have fallen and if you forget satan will remined you - you count the times you have fallen but God counts the times He has lifted you back up!
5. Who Am I Talking About
a. Comeback: a return to a former position or condition (as of success or prosperity)
b. Job 42:12-17
12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses. 13 He had also seven sons and three daughters. 14 And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Keren-happuch. 15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren. 16 After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations. 17 So Job died, being old and full of days. KJV
c. Psalms 40:2-3
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay , and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. KJV
d. Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none ; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. KJV
e. Revelation 1:17 Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death KJV
6. My Comeback
a. Philippians 3:10 That I may know him , and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; KJV
b. Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. KJV
c. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature : old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. KJV
7. Comeback: a return to a former position or condition (as of success or prosperity)
a. There’re are things you won’t understand until you have lived through it
b. Revelation 1:17 Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death KJV
No comments:
Post a Comment