· Exodus 17 Moses had fought against Amalek and defeated him at a place called Rephadim (supports). This was the place where Moses stood w/ the rod of God in his hands and Aaron and Hur held up his arms as he sat on the Rock, when his arms were up Israel won and when his arms hung low, they began to lose
Exodus 17:15 And Moses built an altar, and called the name of it Jehovah-nissi: KJV
1. Dead Men Cannot Fight
a. You can do better. You should try harder. You should fight more against whatever force of hell is coming against you and your family . . . Heard those before? I heard a man say one time that saying those things to a lost person is like going to a cemetery and saying them to the stones . . . .
b. Until we are born again we are dead
c. Until we are born again we cannot please God in any way and have no relationship with Him.
i. Ephesians 2:1-9
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course (age, time frame) of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. KJV
2. You Are Called - Round 1
a. To eternal life
b. To be like Jesus
i. You have a destiny: Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. KJV
c. Religion doesn’t cut it
i. Jesus told Nicodemus the most meaningful five words ever to be uttered, written or received - YOU. MUST. BE. BORN. AGAIN!
3. You Are Called - Round 2
a. Philippians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: KJV
4. I Wish They Would Have Told Me
a. I wish they would have told me;
i. i. There is no sin, no addiction, no tendency that I cannot overcome when I am born again because the life I live now I live in Christ Jesus
ii. ii. He heals all of my genetic "defects"
iii. iii. There is no tendency that I am born into that I cannot get rid of when I become born again
iv. iv. If I were to stand up here and tell you that due to my genetics I was born with a terminal disease and there was nothing that I could do about it except die you would all begin to mourn - however, we fail to look at being born into sin with the same seriousness
1. 1) I swear and cuss - I have a genetic disorder
2) I lie and cheat and steal - I have a genetic disorder
3) I like to sleep around - I have a genetic disorder
4) I like drugs and sex and rock and roll - congratulations, you will die in your genetic disorder unless you are BORN AGAIN, unto Christ !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment