A Wife Fit For A King
Hosea 1:2
The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD. KJV
She Forgot Who He Was
Hosea 2:13
13 And I will visit upon her the days of Baalim, wherein she burned incense to them, and she decked herself with her earrings and her jewels, and she went after her lovers, and forgat me, saith the LORD. KJV
o Sometimes to have a comeback you just need to come back . . .
o God wants to restore the years . . .
Call Me Ishi
Hosea 2:14-16
14 Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her. 15 And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt. 16 And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali. KJV
o Ishi - husband
o Baali - master, owner
The Prodigal Son
o Luke 15:21-25
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. 22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: 23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: 24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.KJV
o Betrothed - even though she left and went whoring
o God is faithful not out of obligation or contract but because He loves us
The Price of Love
Hosea 3:1-2
3:1 Then said the LORD unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of her friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the LORD toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine. 2 So I bought her to me for fifteen pieces of silver, and for an homer of barley, and an half homer of barley: KJV
o Conquest, debt, born - I am all three
o Slaves are sold naked
o WHY? Love makes you do crazy things
Redemption
Redemption is the act of saving, delivering or buying back something or someone, often through a cost, payment or atonement. Redemption signifies a restoring of value, such as freeing a person from sin or paying off a debt
Hosea 2:19-20
19 And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. 20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD. KJV
No comments:
Post a Comment